The Prevention of Blindness Society of Metropolitan Washington is firmly committed to helping protect the health and safety of our clients, employees, and supporters. We are closely monitoring the changing situation, and complying with guidance from federal, state, and local health agencies. We continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates on this page.
Headquarters: Closed (Staff teams continue to work remotely)
Eyeglasses Clinic: Closed
Low Vision Learning Center: Hotline remains open – (301) 951-4444
Low Vision Resource and Support Group Network: View our upcoming virtual events.
Low Vision Rehabilitation – Open and currently seeing patients in-person. Call (703) 652-7803 for an appointment.
Children’s Vision Programs: In-person children’s vision programs are temporarily paused. Check back for updates.
Glaucoma and Visual Acuity Screening Program: In-person vision screening programs are temporarily paused. Hosting a virtual health fair? Call (202) 234-1010.
Look Again Resale ShopsShops are open Thursday through Saturday (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.). Here’s what we are doing at the Look Again Resale Shops to help keep you safe:
- Employees verify that they have not had a temperature in the past 72 hours.
- Employees have completed additional training related to our sanitization policies and procedures, including The ALX Promise Program.
- Increased cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA-approved list effective against COVID-19.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available at our entrance.
- Signage has been placed throughout the shop that highlights our sanitization guidelines.
- Donations are accepted during regular business hours. Please do not leave donations unattended or outside of business hours.
- Wear a face covering while in-store.
- Sanitize hands upon entry/exit with provided sanitizer.
- Observe social distancing by allowing at least six feet of space between each person while in-store.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and markers placed on the floor.
- Please stay home if you’re not feeling well – don’t worry, we will be here when you feel better!
- Pay using a credit/debit card (preferred).