The Prevention of Blindness Society of Metropolitan Washington is firmly committed to helping protect the health and safety of our clients, employees, and supporters. We continue to monitor the situation and will provide up-to-date response information on this page.
Headquarters: Closed (Staff teams continue to work remotely)
Eyeglasses Clinic: Open by appointment only – call (202) 269-0203, option 1
Low Vision Learning Center: Open by appointment only for in-person visits – call (301) 951-4444.
Low Vision Resource and Support Group Network: View our upcoming virtual events.
Low Vision Rehabilitation – Call (703) 652-7803 for an appointment.
Children’s Vision Programs: In-person programs are scheduled to resume in the Fall. Call (202) 234-1010 for more information.
Glaucoma and Visual Acuity Screening Program: In-person programs are scheduled to resume in the Fall. Call (202) 234-1010 for more information.
Look Again Resale Shops
Here’s what we are doing at the Look Again Resale Shops to help keep you safe:
- Shop employees and volunteers are required to wear face masks, regardless of vaccination status.
- Employees have completed additional training related to our sanitization policies and procedures, including The ALX Promise Program.
- Increased cleaning is conducted using disinfectants on the EPA-approved list effective against COVID-19.
- A hand sanitizing station is available at our entrance.
- Signage has been placed throughout the shop that highlights our sanitization guidelines.
- Donations are only accepted during business hours. Do not leave donations unattended, or outside of business hours, please.
Here’s how you can help keep our community safe:
- If you are not fully vaccinated, wear a face mask while in-store. We do not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for shoppers’ responsible and respectful cooperation.
- We encourage you to sanitize your hands upon entry/exit with provided sanitizer.
- Observe social distancing by allowing at least six feet of space between each person while in-store.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and markers placed on the floor.
- Please stay home if you’re not feeling well – don’t worry, we will be here when you feel better!
- Pay using a credit/debit card (preferred).